Jo’s Cakes and Cupcakes - Terms and Conditions of Sale
Orders placed with Jo’s Cakes & Cupcakes (the Company) will only be accepted on the following terms and conditions and no variation of these Conditions shall be binding unless expressly agreed by the Company in writing. Nothing contained within these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required upon order. Orders are deemed to have been accepted only when the deposit has been paid. Payment by cash/cheque preferred (Cheques payable to Joanne Harris). BACS accepted on request. PayPal payments accepted at an additional 3% charge. If the deposit is to be posted a written confirmation together with remittance slip will be sent upon placement of order; remittance slip to be returned with deposit.
- Wedding Cakes: A 50% non-refundable deposit is required upon booking; full payment is required 14 days prior to delivery/collection/set-up.
- Please check the order form upon receipt, and advise the Company within 3 days of receipt of any alterations. The Company reserves the right to increase a quoted fee in the event that the Customer requests a variation to the work agreed. Late changes cannot always be guaranteed.
- A delivery charge will be added if delivery is out of a 15 mile radius of S25. Charges are available upon request. Please ensure the correct delivery details are given, and that someone will be in to receive the goods. Should the recipient not be in, the order will be returned to the Company who will contact you to arrange an alternative delivery time for which an additional charge will be payable by the customer. The Company accepts no responsibility for any loss or consequential loss incurred by the Customer as a result.
- Should your cake require set up at the venue upon delivery, please ensure that you have provided the Company with the set up details, and arrangements made with the venue for the location and display of your cake. Once the cake has been delivered and set up the Company is unable to accept liability for any interference with or damage to the cake thereafter. A photograph of the cake will be taken prior to departure by the Company to verify that the cake has been set up and left in good condition.
- Cakes cancelled 5 days prior to date of collection/delivery will be invoiced at full price. Payment to be made 14 days after date of invoice. An invoice will be posted upon notice of cancellation.
- The price for the order shall be as stated on your order form. Quotations shall not be deemed to constitute an offer. A quotation shall only be valid for a period of 7 business days from its date of issue.
- The Goods shall pass to the customer when: - (a) the Goods leave the Company’s premises; or (b) the customer shall have paid the full price for the Goods.
Please note that no person shall have entitlement to copy or reproduce in any form, or otherwise make use of any image, photograph, design or other document or item produced by or on behalf of the Company without the prior written consent of the Company.
Please note cakes with sponge tiers/cupcakes may not be completed until the day prior to or the day of the celebration to ensure the cakes are as fresh as possible. Please prearrange viewings of any wedding cakes ordered. The Company accepts no liability for any omissions or errors on wedding cakes if they are not viewed by the Customer prior to the wedding.
Please be aware that whilst your chosen cake may not be made with nuts or a nut product, it will be prepared in a kitchen where nut products may be used in other cakes and fillings. Raw materials used may not be free from dairy, wheat or gluten.
In addition to hire fees, a deposit is required for all equipment hired. The deposit will be reimbursed in full to the Hirer, upon return of hired equipment, provided no damage has been incurred. Should any damage be incurred the deposit becomes non-refundable. Should the equipment be lost the Customer shall pay to the Company the full cost of replacing equipment within 28 days. The equipment on hire shall remain the absolute property of the Company at all times.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required upon order, before it is confirmed in the diary. Payment by cash/cheque preferred (Cheques payable to Joanne Harris). BACS accepted on request. PayPal payments accepted at an additional 3% charge. If the deposit is to be posted a written confirmation together with remittance slip will be sent upon booking; remittance slip to be returned with deposit, together with consent forms for allergies, data protection, etc.
- An additional charge for travelling will be added if the venue is out of a 15 mile radius of S25. Charges are available upon request.
- Deposit is non-refundable if party cancelled.
Should the production or delivery of any of the Goods be prevented or delayed directly or indirectly by fire, the elements, war, civil commotion, strikes or lock-outs, industrial dispute, shortage of raw materials, or fuel, shortage of labour (whether involving the Company's or a third party's workforce), breakdown or partial failure of plant or machinery, non receipt of deposit, acts orders or regulations of Governments or directives of the Commission of the European Communities. Or any cause whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Company concerned with the manufacture of delivery of the Goods, the Company shall not be liable to the Customer and the time for delivery of the Goods shall be extended for a reasonable period having regard to the effect of the delaying cause on the manufacture or delivery of the Goods.